The Power of a Network!
Women in Silicon Roundabout
NEW DATE: 7 – 8th December 2020
Gill Cooke has surrounded herself with communities and networks all her life, she just didn’t realise it! She created a brand-new community in 2018, called #STEMConnext which exists to create a safe environment for STEM professionals to grow, learn and network, and who are passionate about gender, diversity and inclusion issues. She also leads the internal Women in Tech Network at Three and within one year she doubled the membership and has grown it’s influence within the company.
She will share her tips for creating and growing a network and talk about the power and value that women can gain from being part of such a network. The discussion will be very interactive with lots of opportunity for the audience to share their own experiences and ask for advice and help.
Key takeaways include:
- How to make New Connections
- The importance of Mentors
- Building a support system and finding your tribe
Get 15% off tickets using the code SPEAKERS15 here:
NEW: Monthly Bookclubs
StemConnext has started a monthly bookclub
Books that have been / will be covered are:
- ‘Becoming’ by Michelle Obama
- ‘Invisible Women’ by Caroline Criado-Perez
- ‘An American Marriage’ by Tayari Jones
- ‘Where the Crawdads Sing’ by Delia Owens
- ‘Why I’m no Longer Talking to White People about Race’ by Reni Eddo-Lodge
- ‘Be the Leader You Want to See’ by Susie Ramroop